February 25, 2008

Manglish Rules!!

Firstly, I think some of you might have heard of this joke before, some haven't. This joke tells the difference between how Malaysians and Mat Salleh people speak. I know that the Mat Sallehs won't completely speak like what the joke tells, and neither do the Malaysians. And whats funny for me is that I can speak in both ways. Manglish with my school friends and proper English with my "mat salleh" family. =D





Enjoy







1. When you want to let someone know not-so-good news.
Mat Salleh : I'm sorry sir, but we don't seem to have the sweater you want in your size, but if you give me a moment, I can call the other outlets for you.

Malaysians: No stock.

2. To reply something.
Mat Salleh : Hello, this is John Smith. Did anyone page for me a few moments ago?
Malaysians: Halo, who page?
3. To ask someone to make way.
Mat Salleh : Excuse me, I'd like to get by. Would you please make way?
Malaysians: Skewze me
4. When telling someone there's no need to pay.
Mat Salleh : Hey, put your wallet away, this drink is on me.
Malaysians: No-need, lah.
5. When asking for permission.
Mat Salleh : Excuse me, but do you think it is possible for me to enter though this door?
Malaysians: (points at door) Can enter ah?
6. When welcoming guests
Mat Salleh : Make yourself right at home.
Malaysians: Don't be shy, lah!!
7. When disagreeing.
Mat Salleh : I'd prefer not to do that, if you don't mind.
Malaysians: Don't want lah....
8. When asking someone to lower down their voice.
Mat Salleh : Excuse me, but could you lower your voice, I'm trying to concentrate here.
Malaysians: Shut uplah!!
9. Asking someone if they reconize you.
Mat Salleh : Excuse me, but I noticed you staring at me for some time.. do I know you?
Malaysians: See what?
10. When in a critical contition.
Mat Salleh : We seem to be in a bit of a predicament at the moment..
Malaysians: Die lah!!
11. When asking what happened.
Mat Salleh : Will someone tell me what has just happened?
Malaysians: What happen? Why like that??
12. When someone makes a mistake....
Mat Salleh : This isn't the way to do it here. Let me show you.
Malaysians: Like that also dunno how to do ah?
13. When someone is disturbing.
Mat Salleh : Would you mind not disturbing me??
Malaysians: Celaka you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Eugene said...

I nearly fainted of laughter when i read this blog and number 11.