June 15, 2008

S.I.R Spelling Bee @ Subang Parade '08

Today was Spelling Bee..... and Fathers Day. My dad is in Singapore, so I couldn't celebrate with him. =C Well if you are reading this, dad.... Happy Daddy's Day. =P
Anyway today was Spelling Bee... Organised by the News Straits Time Press and RHB Bank. Abigail, Michelle, Sarah and me were representing SMKBU. Sarah's mom took us there and we circled the block like... 5 times trying to find the best way in. Haha.
We registered with Cik Malathi then Sarah's mom belanja us makan pagi at Coffee Bean. After the spelling bee briefing we started... woot.
So onstage there were 16 chairs. So 4 schools for 1 group. One school has 4 participants. When your name is called you go to the front of the stage, put the headphones on so you don't hear the mall surroundings, only the presenters voice.
Everytime a word was given, those of us who were offstage started spelling along for practice... But of course not to loud lahh... otherwise the judges would think we were helping the dude who has to spell the word onstage. Abi and Sarah went off with a dictionary to practice away from the square. Michelle and I went off with our dictionary to practice to.. We circled the whole mall and then we saw Sarah and Abi running to us like mad cows making hand signals to go back to the spelling bee area. Michelle and I thought that our turn was coming up... but then I heard one of the judges say "SMK Bandar Utama... where are you?". Then only me and Michelle start to run like mad cows to.
We were all so freakin' scared onstage. I was shivering. Lol. Sarah made it to the 2nd round, so did Michelle. Abi and I were kicked out after our first word. Gahh.... so sad!! Abi's word was "Pallion" but she spelled it "Pallian". My word was "Petulant" but I spelled it with a double "T"... so it would be "Pettulant"..
gAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....
Salah
salah
salah
salah
salah
salah
salah
adui.

I'm never gonna forget "Petulant" for the rest of my life!!

Anyway... the 12 finalists went onstage after all 12 groups were done. The top 3 winners were all boys. The winner was from SMKBU2... suprisingly. I think he's Form 4.... He looks mix but he isn't lol. That guy is gonna represent Selangor in the National Spelling Bee compotition so good luck to him. His dad must've been really proud of him. He came to see his son compete on Fathers Day... How nice.
I was suprised that SMKDU, SMKDJ and SMKBU3 didn't show up. Chong Hua came and so did a few Sekolah Agama's. Cool. We all recieved a free notebook and a certificate of participation. Yay!! We also got marks for Koko 'cause we represent school.

Petulant
Petulant
Petulant
Petulant
Petulant
Petulant
Petulant
Petulant
Petulant
Petulant.......

No comments: