June 3, 2008

Sabah

Just got back from a nice weekend at Sabah. Its always nice out there. Dogs, cats, swimming pool, spacious field... wow. And its not those 5 star hotels... its like a farm out there and thats whats nice. Its good to be away from busy KL life, handphone and internet. So of course when I get back to KL I got like... 90 emails waiting for me after 4 days. Another thing I noticed about Sabah is that almost everyone has a dog or two... and there are a lot of roundabouts in Sabah. Its like every 1 kmyou pass by a roundabout. The other thing about Sabah is that everyone is RELATED =O. I met the head chef in the Royal Mulu Resort, Nelson, and he said he's from Penampang to. I was talking with Amanda and she metioned Nelson's surname... aish. Not hard to find a relative in Sabah. Everyone is family.
Jessie names all our dogs and cats out there in Sabah. Mommy cat is named Minnie and her kittens are Ginger and Basil. The dogs I think Jessie named the smartest... David Archuletta, David Cook, Chikizie and Syesha... the american idol contestants.. hehe. Shes smart. I like those names for a dog.

When me and my dad got to Sabah we chilled for a few hours... then at night we went to one of the neighbours housewarming party... Everyone was sitting down chatting. After food some of the guys sumazau-ed with his wife, and after that he tagged a guy and a girl messing with their handphones to do the sumazau... and its tradition that when you do the sumazau, you drink alcohol. The guys got beer and the girls got a shot of wine. I got tagged... I don't really know how to sumazau so the guy who danced first with his wife.. who was also the guy tagging everyone danced with me. Haha... but that was fun. He was in his 60s. I got 2 shots of wine while sumazau-ing and my dad gave me 2 extra shots. Funny that I didn't feel light-headed. I was completely normal. =S

2nd day Amanda and Adam came over and we hung around the house. At 4 the 3 of us, plus dad, Aunty Terry and Jessie went to the beach. To bad it rained. And we stopped for Slurpees at 7-11 put the machine broke. There was a nice rainbow in the sky afterwards.

3rd day Aurelia and Alicia came. We went out to Tahantang... where the spacious field is... and where grandpa keeps fish ponds. Hung around there the whole afternoon and then at night the whole family including uncle Winston's girlfriend went to Seafood restaurant which was gooooodddd.... =D

On our last day we left for the airport. =S

No comments: