November 16, 2007

Putra World Trade Centre Dum Circle... WOW

zzzzzzz omg I can't belive it... My dad and me actually did a DRUMCIRCLE at the PWTC ( Putra World Trade Centre) here in KL. This was a full day conference and I was gonna be there from 7. am to about 7. pm... This was a conference about Woman's health... And its called...

W-Woman's



H- Health &



A- Asian



T-Traditional



MEDICINE...

In short form this is called WHAT Medicine... Sounds cool.. WHAT Medicine... I set my phone alarm last night to ring at 5. am this morning. I set the volume to ring the loudest and I chose the best ringtone that would wake me up... At 5... Unfortunately I coulnd't wake up.. not when I slept at 12 last night.. thats only 5 hours of sleep... Actually 5 hours of sleep is enough for me... If I go to school the next day la.. because I got friends who can wake me up in school by making me jump around everywhere....!!! YAY!!!

My dad came to pick me up at 6.30 in the morning.. Thats why I TRIED to get up at 5.00... And I like to get up 1 hour early for no reason.. (yeah.. you all think I'm CRAZY!!!) I got to check my inbox... last night my aunt was sending all the jokes from her inbox into my inbox.. and she got like... over 20 of them so I ask her to send 10 one acc and 10 another acc.. like that la... later my inbox blow up!! So hotmail got 36 messages.. lol... haven't got that many in a while!!

At Putra World Trade Centre.. my dad and me unloaded all the drums... and he went to park the car... came back with one of the officials who had a trolley so we put all the drums on the trolley anx d off we went into the PWTC for the drumcicle.

I was really nervous becasue this is an important conference and I'm actually doing a drumcircle for them...

The hall was called Tun Hussien Onn Hall 1. Inside was really nice. The lights were very nice and it was really COLD!!! Thank goodness, I was dressed in Indian clothes.. you know, the pants.. blouse and scarf that goes over your neck... lol so I could keep warm with the scarf. The VIP panel had a great big yellow chair with a fancy-fancy yellow cusion and 2 lower armchairs on both sides. I asked my dad who got the big yellow arm chair and he said...........



THE SULTANA OF PAHANG




OMG!!! SHE WAS GONNA BE THERE!!!! I GOT TO MEET THE SULTANA OF PAHANG!!!!! Wow. I'm so speechless because how many people my age at 13 get to meet the Sultana of Pahang in PERSON and actually perform infront of her.....?? Wow.

When she entered the hall I was so amazed.. She was really pretty in red. Red Baju Kurung and red high heels. Her hair was really nice... I was really amazed. She was prettier than I had expected her to be. Serious. The opening ceremony was a few speeches.. and then the MC announced the highlight for the Opening ceremony.. the Drumcirlce. My dad said that anyone could come in and play an instrument. I just stood there. I was gonna invite the Sultana herself to come in and join but I didn't know how was the best way too. We did the drumcircle and thr Sultana was sitting at the edge of her seat watching us. I was sooo sooo tense before I got into the circle... I couldn't stop shivering from the cold and all the people watching me... after I facilitated I felt like a big heavy school book just got lifted out of my bag...

The Sultana left... she only stayed for the Opening Ceremony. Since shes the one who launched this 2 years back... During tea-break me and my dad got a lot of good compliments and he also got some business cards handed out.

Stayed for the talks... During lunch break me and my dad set the drumcircle for 42 people. The one for the Opening Ceremony was only for 20 people.

We went to eat lunch at Kenny Rogers... the food that was served for this event was ok... but there wasn't a seat left for us when we came into the dining hall 'cause we had to set up the drumcircle...

After lunch me and dad stayed in the Pahang room and drank tea because we didn't wanna go in the Tun Hussien Onn Hall because it was so cold!! I drew Hello Kitties and arrows and alphabets and read a book because there was nothing else to do..

Finally we went back in in time to hear a little bit of the last speech. My dad was next and he did his speech with his presentation. And his presentation was unlike the rest today. His had a lot of graphics... pics.... and he had some funny things to say. My dad also got the most questions asked after his presentation and speech.

Next off was the last drumcircle of the day... Everyone participated because they saw the morning one and liked it a lot. When I say everyone from the conference participated I mean everyone from the conference.. all the chairs were empty. We had just right 42 people who still stayed for the rest of the days conference. I facilitated in the circle and so did my dad. (duh!!)


Me marking the pulse


Dad facilitating



Everyone was having a good time. The only problem was (ahem*)... they were all messed up..
The people .........

some played really fast and some didn't know what to do. Hahaha... Dad marked the pulse (beat, whichever) and everyone started to understand... Finally we finished the drumcircle... Everyone had a great time and my dad also got a lot of business cards. We packed and left...

So today was over... we celebrated by watching TV and having lemon sole fish, bak choy and rice for dinner. Dessert was Magnums!! Yay!!

No comments: