November 14, 2007

Drum Circle Facilitators Traning ( Day 3/ Last day)

The last day of drum circle.. My dad woke tried to wake me up but I just couldn't wake up!!! I don't know why... maybe because I slept at 12 last night.... owh. When I did to pull myself out of bed, I took a warm shower, then I made it cold, because warm made me feel even sleepyer...
I wore last years Drum Circle Facilitators Training Malaysia, 2006 shirt. Lol. First day my dad wore his, yesterday one of the dudes named Bill wore his and today I wore mine. And yesterday many people came up to me asking " Is John your father??" and some would come walk up to my dad and ask " Is Rhonwyn your daughter??". Don't know why they would ask only yesterday and not the first day... maybe because me and my dad both wore the same black shirts yesterday...

Jump time was great... Jump time is.... a period of time where anyone can go into the circle and facilitate... Anyone. And it was really funny because I think it was Tammy... she made 4 of the girls stand up and hula dance, then made the rest of us drum. Another one.. I forgot who did... made all the guys stand up and (no she didn't ask them to hula dance) do the show-your-mussels thing... that as really funny...

And Tammy again... did a Meredes. She sculpted us into 3 groups like a Mercedes logo has the 3 line thinggys.. she made Arthur continue to play his little percussion instument. First group had to keep repeating "We".. second group had to keep repeating "Love" third group had to keep repeating "Arthur". So what do you get?? We love Arthur... And Arthur had a funny expression.. he kept showing his teeth.. like a fake smile. Hehe I love jumptime..

Since today was the last day of the training, we had our closing/graduation ceremony. Giving of certificates to the now certified drum circle facilitators and giving of string to Arthur. He collects string from every participant that takes part in his training wherever he goes. This is was my second string given to him. Once his ball of string is big enough, it goes into his mother ball, the big ball from ever since he started his world tours for Drum Circle Facilitating.

After that.... we had to learn our little secret thing... Only drum circle people know this.. so I'm not tellin ya... hehe.

Not over yet... we still had the Community Drum Circle where everyone is invited.. if you have been drumming before or not, you're still invited. So those who graduated could facilitate today... I did (duh)... not everyone did but some did.

So.. this years training is now over. I feel great after this training and my biggest learing was Smile more when you're in the middle of the circle and when you're drumming. My other biggest learing was KISS... (Keep it stupidly simple) meaning whatever you do in the circle, keep it simple....

No comments: