November 12, 2007

Drum circle training !! Whoho!!

Friday, Saturday and Sunday.. 3 full days just drumming away... Hand drums... along with percussion stuff... 3 days of that... And what is that?? Thats a drum circle... Those from SMK BU who came to school on the 5th November will know what I'm talking about...



So 3 days of drum circle training... Hopefully to pick up some new techniques for drum circle facilitating. This is my second time for this training.. last year was my first and from then till now.. I have to say that my drumming has gotten faster.... I can do faster rumbles now!! yay!! Anyway, this was held at Yamaha Music Headquaters in Kelana Jaya...




Day 1




Dad came to pick me up in the morning... then we went to the other side of Taman Tun to pick up this years official Drum Circle Facilitator Training, Malaysia 2007 T-shirts. :D Last years were white and this years are BLACK and they look super cool... They have the arrow logo on it... Must have.. or it won't really look like a drum circle facilitator training shirt..



The logo...........




Haha... oops.. Wrong picture...

Hah... there we are... The logo..... Now lemme ask you.. how many arrows do you see?? 4... nope. 6? nope... Answer is 8.. hehe... If you don't see 8 arrows.. look at the arrows pointing out (white arrows) and the ones pointing in (black arrows)... I don't really get what the logo means.. but its something like Which came first? The chicken or the egg...?? Do the drummers accompany the dancers or do the dancers accompany the drummers?? The answer is YES. If you get the meaning.. good. We picked up the shirts from this guy who makes them. (duh). Me and my dad went back home and we eagerly took out a shirt each .. My dad got his on first.. I was lazy to put mine on... They seriously look great... the only problem was, the back of the shirt. My dad gave the guy last years T-shirt as a model for this years shirt. And when my dad asked me to read the back of the T-shirt what it said, it said Drum Circle facilitators training, Malaysia 2006. All of a sudden my dad's happy expression was so shocked... "does it really say 2006??????" "yeah dad" and we both had the same word in our heads "SHUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" My dad called the guy and asked for all the shirts re-ordered... Terrible.. haiz... those really looked great, just for that silly mistake my dad has to re-order all 20-30-40 something shirts... and He'll have to mail it to all the participants because they won't be done for a week.. haiya.. terrible, terrible, terrible..

No comments: