April 19, 2008

Fat Rockets and Blue Fish

Ever wondered why sometimes when you draw in class... your art teacher says you're wrong, and that it has to be drawn a certain way? Well I tell you what, YOUR TEACHER IS WRONG.
Lawl. Its your work of art, and its your creation. Da Vinci could've added eyebrows if he wanted to in the Mona Lisa. Its his work of art, no one can stop him.

The same thing happened to me when I was in Standard One. Our teacher asked us to draw rockets and my drawing didn't get stapled on the backboard in class because my teacher said my rocket was to FAT! Fat rocket?? C'mon. So what if my rocket is fat? Its my work of art. And mine was different from everyone else in class. They're rockets were skinny but mine was Fat. ...... unique ma...

Seee? And another time I can remember we had to draw fish. Everyone coloured orange fish/red fish.. but then here's Rhonwyn's fish and she coloured it blue. Teacher scolds her and says there'e no such thing as blue fish. Now thats weird. Of course there is blue fish... ain't Dory from Finding Nemo blue?? Teacher so blur!!

Now in secondary school... Instead of drawing fat rockets for art class I draw fat test tubes and fat beakers for science class. But hey, Pn Raspal doesn't mind! And not to forget art. I wanna draw pictures.... make my own creation of a drawing. Not sit in class sharing one paint brush/pallet and paint set with Johnson colouring 2cmx2cm squares and then mixing colours. I think thats a waste of time. If you don't know what to ask us to draw or do then just give us a piece of paper and let us draw what we want.

I'm sure at least 80% of the class will return you a paper filled with imagination and creativity. I've seen my friends draw in their doodle books and the things they draw sometimes are simple but pretty and sometimes they have a lot of eraser marks, look complicated, but... its a work of art!

So draw anything ... its not wrong or right. Its your art. Your creation.

No comments: