September 18, 2007

Movie.....

My mom went out to dinner with her intern Julia.. I didn't go because my ankle was so painful in school today so it'll be even worse walking all the way to the mamak.... no food in the house... again, the kitchen... All I had for dinner was a sandwich.... not that hungry oso, atleast it coould fill me up... Dinner was accompanied by a movie. Not on the TV, no. My grandparents (especialy my grandma) will be watching all the chinese drama series things on TV. I watched my movie on my laptop... The movie was Peter Pan. The movie came out like.. 2 years ago, and now I finally get to watch it on DVD that Sunita lent to me...

The movie was a so-so type la... I would consider the movie a 25% 25% 25% 25%

25% lovey dovey type
25% violence
25% funnyishh.........
25% dumb

Ok, so this Peter Pan version is quite weirder than the cartoon version. There were a lot of weird stuff they put into the movie... for instance there was this crappy looking half burned parrot... dude, if little kids watch this, they'll get freaked out!! Another one was where Wendy's youngest brother breaks his teddy bears head... and at the Red Indian village a wise old woman chants for the Spirit of Eagles to heal the teddy bear.... Uh... rite... ok. Another thing was near the end where everyone says "I do belive in faires.. I do!! I do!!" just to bring tinkerbell back to life....

I liked the crocodile with the clock inside him... in the cartoon version the croc is leaf green and kinda skinny... in this Peter Pan the croc is a brownish type and WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY fatter... Captain hook in the cartoon version was also much more skinny.... and this one... Captain Hook is more matcho looking... also something the kids would freak out... especially the big brown croc... hehe.. Who's afraid of the big brown croc? The big brown croc, the big brown croc...? Captain Hook is so afraid, afraid of the big brown croc...

What would have been funn to see in Peter Pan was in the cave when Captain Hook and Peter Pan are fighting and all of a sudden Peter flys in thin air and Captain Hook follows and he falls into the water where the thin green croc is waiting... There is also a slight touch of violence in the movie... Peter Pan and Captain Hook try to kill eachother... knives... swords... poison...Ofcourse, this is a more real life version of the classic fairytale...still, not really recommended for children under 10 to watch...hehe

The lovey-dovey part is mostly from Peter Pan and Wendy..... when they meet in Wendy's room... then got problem already... He blows the fairy dust from his palm onto her face unlike the cartoon where Peter P. turns tinkerbell upside down and sprinkles fairy dust on the 3 kids at one go. They both even kiss near the end o_0. Fuyohh...

The dude who plays Peter Pan... Jeremy (something)... he really reminds me of one of my friends how he looked like 2 or 3 years ago...They both have the same facial features (and hairstlye).... LOLs.... B.T.W, halfway during the movie there was a blackout and the whole house was in complete darkness execpt for my laptop glow... no problems.

So I finaly got to watch the movie and ermm.. ok I guess..

No comments: