December 1, 2006

Graduation

17/11/06 Friday

Today's the day......GRADUATION. The saddest day of the year in school (I guess). This year, we are the pioneer batch, our school has been standing for 6 years and we studied in this school for 6 years. Everyone gets to school early and starts snapping photographs of friends...... teachers, anything for memory of this day. When the parents start coming and the students are done snapping pictures, the event begins.

Violin performers, beautiful. Next came the speeches by the V.I.P's, boring. All the parents were lucky, since they were sitting at the back and surrounded by other parents, they start to talk. At least everyone in front can't hear them chit-chatting. And the V.I.P's weren't looking at the back but, at the front. At least, that's what I saw, because halfway during speeches, performers had to get ready.

Lucky us, because the performers had to change, maybe practice again. And the others who weren't performing were still sitting down watching the V.I.P's deliver their "impactful" speeches.

There were 3 performances, which was very little. 2 were from 6B, and one was from my class, 6H.
My class were the first performers. 6 of us. Melissa, Foog Ling, me, Jeremy, Kendrick and Jun Shern. From what my dad said, we were the best performers out of 2. The dance by 6B was only using mostly their hands. And the other performance by 6B was singing. That one was nice and a little funny because one singer Edward made so many funny actions.

After choir was where all the graduate students went onstage to sing. Now there was where all the parents with cameras came to the front and started taking pictures, and where the graduate students start to cry. The first and second song we were all supposed to smile, 3rd and fourth we had to act a bit more sorrowful. And some really did, like me, we cried. When we went offstage, most students were crying, hugging friends. A really emotional day.

In our respective classes, we received our year books and our certificates. Even our teacher was crying. She was sad to see us now all 49 of her students grown up, leaving their school and moving on.
Neither the students could bear leaving their friends and their school.

I tried hard not to cry, but I failed. It was impossible not to stop crying. 2 of my best friends found me and ran up to me, and we hugged again, still crying. My dad looked on, and even he shed a tear, seeing me leave my best friends after 6 years.

As I took my last step out of school, I looked back. All my school memories will remain in my heart and in school. My school will still be there, and one day, I might return to visit my school , I don't know why, but I just might will. And as for my friends, we will meet again, somewhere down the road.




3 comments:

TheRedzzz said...

haha...Why didn't i feel sad at all? anyways just to say don't be so sad...surely going to have fun in form 1...heheh...and more friends.

God Bless.

Eugene said...

oowww....i didn't hug you did i?lol

Eugene said...

soo.sorry lor.....you couldn't find me and i couldn't find you so i left...