May 28, 2008

Form 1 Drumcircle

Thursday .... Day before last day of school.



Todays exams were Sejarah and Siviks. Sejarah was surprisingly more understandable than last term. Hope I pass. Can't fail another term. That would be sad.... =S
During siviks dad came to school. Well... first I saw a big circle made up of chairs in the badminton court. Then I saw a bunch of Form 1 boys carrying the Festival Djembes, mallet and percussion box... so on. Everyone in class was like "ey... thats Rhonwyns father, ah?".

Dad tried to pull me out of class to help set the drums but I couldn't. So when the bell rang I dashed out with my bag and helped with the mallets. The mallets are always my job... =P Everyone was looking at this big circle of drums... apa ini??

Crystal they all were like "oh Rhonwyn... is this drumcircle for us??" "nope for the Form 1's" Poor Crystal... she got mad. Don't worry. We'll have a drumcircle for the choir A.S.A.P after school reopens. Depends on Mr. Eugene. I would love to do one for the teachers. That would be AWESOME!!

Anyway lets just get to the circle. Our first batch was 1 Amanah and 1 Jujur. They were good. When the rythm got of track they started again and me and dad didn't even need to go into the circle to get the rythm back on track.

2nd group was .... 1 Bersih and 1 Tekun. They were also the same as Amanah and Jujur... good players and when they got off track they got back on track by themselves. Some of the players in this group were really hard players though. Some even used the sticks for the Djembes so I had to stop them or the drum will get a dent... don't wan't THAT to happen now, do we?

1 Gigih and 1 Rajin was our last group. Unlike the first two batches, when these guys went off track they stayed off track. When either me or dad went into the circle the automatically went back on track. Amazing. There was a Indian boy who played REALLY hard, the poor drum. Dad saw and he went up to the boy and gave him a warning. Then he started playing hard again. Dad gave another warning and he wouldn't listen. Finally dad took the boy and put him on one of the percussion bells. A toy thing. Lol... he asked for it.

Our last group was last minute. Mr Eugene said that we could squeeze them in. 1 Adil and Peralihan. This was the best group. Don't know why... but they were the best. I put Wayne and Marcus on the Bahia Bass Drums. They had fun. Dad did some facilitating things that I haven't seen him do in a while. The last group helped us to clean up. They put their percussion in one of the nesting drums turned upside down and their mallets in another one.

Matthaeus, Ronald, Marcus and Junmey helped put everything together. Then the 6 of us started our own little circle. I didn't know that Ronald could play the drums. He was really good. We had fun. Mr Eugene invited me and dad to eat something in the teachers lounge. It was Fusion food, I think. Didn't exaclty know what it was.


Can't forget pics.




Watching the fun from outside... sad




No comments: