October 15, 2007

KKB Camping Trip (Day 1)

This trip to KKB was gonna be a large group, even our host, Antares, that I've known since I was 4 years old said my mom was crazy because this group had a total of 16 people.. Antares was like "16?? CRAZY!!".. but still, 16 people went. We had 4 South Africans, 5 Kenyans, 1 Spanish, 1 Korean, 2 Chinese, 1 British and 2 mix (Sunita and me).. so 16 poeple. 3 cars. My mom was like planing a trip to an urban jungle... Sunita's dad's van was filled up with what my mom was bringing.... So at the back seat of the van.... me and Sunita were seperated by a whole pile of stuff.... Sunita's dad installed walkie-talkies in 2 cars.... not 3. Sunita and me were talking to the 4 Kenyan girls though the walkie-talkie.






The journey was about 2 hours. We stopped by the Selangor Dam... (I think..), It was a dam, thats all I remember. :D And then.. we finally reached KKB. Unloading all my mom's bringings took a while, and we had to climb these really steep flight of stairs to get to Antares house...






We set up the tents. Me, Sunita and Julia were gonna share a tent. The label on the tent said it could sleep 6 people.. but the 3 of us were already enough. If we fit one more we could be sardines... It started to rain after we set up the tents... Here's Sunita peeking out of our tent in the rain.







So... we went to the Magick River.. A river near our camping ground..... After the rain... the river was COLD......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I banged my head... how did I climb all those rocks to that big rock??

Lunch was great.. We had South African food.. homecooked by the South Africans... The chicken dish was OUT OF THIS WORLD..WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!



Then we went back to the river....... and it rained again......

Dinner was good...

I jammed on the guitar while Antares played his flute... Another guy called Richard..... He played one on Antares's Djembe.. We slept at 12.00. My tent was practically leaking from all the rain that afternoon so Sunita and me cleaned it out..

No comments: