August 25, 2007

Dodo Tournament

I was awoken by my maid at 6.30 in the morning...I changed into my penguin clothes (Wushu Uniform), and then went downstairs for breakfast, I was the only one awake in the house, after my maid woke me up she went back to sleep...hello....it was 6.30 in the morning??

My aunt brought me to school and then I met my Dodo friend Paul and we walked to Czeintze's house. We left for Mutiara Shopping Complex and reached at 8.20.....

I was gonna go for sparring....you know, the punching and kicking and more punching..?? Yeah, that. But in the end I couldn't go because Paul didn't bring his Wushudao black and red T shirt, I lent him mine...... :P. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to spar..because I dind't have enough money to buy the stupid mouthpiece to keep my teeth from falliing out when I spar, and also, I never sparred before so on Monday if I go to school, Pn Ang would get a shock...haha.

We registered and sat down....we practiced our Wushudao 2 moves and I still couldn't get them right..... We got these really cool badges that have the Wushudao logo on it. I feel like showing it off on Monday on my pencil box because if people come and borrow something from me (happens evryday) they would see it on my pencil box....hehe... (coughs) Anyway..

The Dodo started and we watched all the performing. The patterns were all about the same thing... Wushudao 2, Wushudao 3, Wushudao 4 and Wushudao 5.

Me and Chloe were so malu there because almost everyone was a higher belt than us... WAY higher. The highest belt colour that we saw people walking around in was Brown. Brown is 4 more belts to Black belt. And we felt malu because there were these Primary school kids who were about Standard 3 or 4... maybe even 2, and guess what belt colour they were?? GREEN, BLUE, PURPLE, ORANGE AND BROWN...!!! THAT IS SO FAR FROM US>>>>> Thats why we felt malu... because we are white belt. Well, sort of white belt, because we passed our grading test so we are yellow belt now, just without the certificates and the yellow belt itself.

I wasn't on stage long at all. Only about 30 seconds doing my thing....I was in the same group as Czeintze. Chloe and Jessie. And we did Wushudao 2. We had to finish all 21 steps in 21 seconds.

We sat there again.....watching the patterns being done....and we couldn't go out of the hall to anywhere exept the toilet.

At 12.30 we had food.....and the chicken was kinda hard, and we had plastic forks so my fork alm0st broke, thank goodness it didn't.

We sat there again........and then we had VIPs come...all the Wushudao students had to do horse riding stunts...single punch, double punch, double fist.....blah blah. We listened to the dumb speeches. I already read the speeches, they were all in the little booklet that came with the Wushudao badge.....

Sparring and pattern continued after the VIPs left. There was more food so I ate that. That was 6 pieces of kuih, 2 tuna croissants, 2 banana cake muffins, and 2 curry puffs.

Well, I didn't make it to tomorrows second round for pattern....owh well........I still feel kinda upset about it but ...I guess there's always next year...I'm so tired out I'm gonna sleep so well tonight, And the good thing is , I can enjoy my sleep till as long as I like because I won't have to get up at 6.30 in the morning tomorrow..!!!



THE WUSHUDAO LOGO

No comments: