December 15, 2008

A tourist in my own country.

I think that's a great title...
Not only did I feel like a tourist in my own country, but I even LOOKED like one. Well, that's pretty obvious.... so anyway, the reason for the title is 'cause recently I went to Penang for a short holiday...
"cause like.... whats a month and a half school holiday for when you don't even go on a holiday?!?!?!?!!?!??!?! XD

Ok Ok enough of that.

So the objective of me and my dad going to Penang was he had to work for a day.... and we were also there for the Penang Jazz Festival!! Personally, I'm not a big fan of Jazz, but I thought going for the Jazz Festival would be awesome, and to get a taste of a different variety in music.
1, 2 lets start blogging!!


------------------------------------------

Day 1
Day 1 in Penang was shopping day. My dad had to go somewhere to work.... so I stayed in the hotel room watching Disney channel. lol. Then my friend Tammy came and we left to go eat... She took me to the 'g' hotel and they had this really big buffet.... omg!! So nice! I had 4 or 5 rounds. @.@ Sorry Yings. XD


Me and the 'g'... hey that rhymes!!
We went to Gurney Plaza... There wasn't much we could shop for there... kinda empty. But some of the stuff were rediculous... and some of their English was also rofl material.



The baby cafe..... riiiigghhtttt....

Hair bind... told you they have superb English. XD

We drove down to Intel where my dad was, then we went to Queensbay. My dad left me and Tammy to do our own shopping. Or more like we both ditched my dad somewhere and continued our shopping spree. Hahahahhahaha... Queensbay had more variety but unfortunately we didn't have enough time.... =(


Tammy drove us to our new hotel somewhere near Batu Feringghi, called the Hydro Majestic hotel. Dad called it HydroMatic and I called it Hydroelectric. There was nothing really 'hydro' about it.... just the sign had a mini water fountain... and nothing really majectic about it, but it was a nice looking hotel with a nice room. So why it was named Hydro Majestic I have no idea.



-------------------------------------------------------

Day 2



Today was Jazz Festival day. But that didn't start until 6... so we spent the day at the beach and the pool. The Hydromatic hotel had a nice breakfast buffet... there was roti canai!! There were a lot of birds watching us eat... unfortunately they weren't nice looking birds like Magpies... We got crows. So they sat there.... watching us eat... and after the people eat they come down and pick up the scraps on the floor and stuff like that. Pretty normal. Unfortunaely some birds weren't as patient.




You see that roti canai the crow has...? Thats mine. I left the table to get orange juice, and when I came back my roti canai was missing. A similar incident happened to me when I was 5.... a crow stole my KFC chicken drumstick.... hahah.

The Jazz Festival was really awesome. I'm so happy I went that I can't put it into words. There were a few bands that I thought were the best. But the best best band was this Hungarian band that closed the show. They rocked my socks. They're bass player was AMAZING. Omg.... He was so hardcore/awesome/awesome/awesome and awesome that words can't explain how awesome he was. The best bass player of the best. The dude who did the intro of the band even spoke a few Malay words, and that made the audience really happy. Their fiddle player was also the best of the best. Both he, the bass player and also the drummer did hardcore awesome awesome solos.

The band also had a guest guitar player.... a guitar legend/hero... Steve Hacket! For those of you who don't know him, he's from the band Genesis.... and if you know Phil Colins, he was also in Genesis before he went solo... And if you don't know Phil Colins, he sang the song You'll Be In My Heart for the Disney movie Tarzan. And if you don't know Tarzan, forget it. So anyway, Steve Hacket was there and he played with the Hungarian band. I don't know the name of the band tho. Wish I did. They were awesome... yes, I know I said that many times, but they are!! For those who didn't go, you missed out a really good night. I hope to go back next year. =D




Steve Hacket

Whole band


Drummer

Fiddle player

Bass player


------------------------------------------------

Day 3





Today was our last day in Penang.... At breakfast something really funny happened. A picture explains it all.

Taa daa... a monkey drinking Tiger beer. XD OMG HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

We had a drum circle today, but me and my dad weren't facilitating.... we just went there to play. Today's circle was conducted by Edwin and Paul...

Edwin

Today we went to the Penang Museum.... it was kinda small... but ok ok la. There were some interesting displays there and they also had a section about Francis Light. His grave was nearby the museum and me and my dad wanted to go have a look... but Tammy didn't want to. =( To bad.... 'cause then we could see how old all the gravestones are and stuf like that, and see rnacis Light's grave.... that would be awesome!!!! So here are som interesting stuff in the museum...

Nice display... there's only one small ball there. -.-

Here's something I noticed. The Indian wife on the left is standing and the man is sitting. The Chinese man is standing and his wife is sitting. And the Malay couple are both sitting down. hahha.


end.


No comments: