March 5, 2009

NIE Workshop 2009

Today was supposed to be a normal day at school.... with Sejarah class. XD
Our first period was Seni... and Pn Afni came up to me and said, "Can you do me a favour? I need you to come with me to the NIE workshop after the 2nd bell...." What?
So I called my mom and she said yes... and last minute Shahidan decided to come as well. So the 3 of us with Pn Afni and her hubby went to Taylor's college... The ride smooth but long... I had fun talking to Junmey at the back. Shahidan sat in front and she said it was to prevent me and him from fighting. WHAT?! Haha... but I gotta admit its actually true laa... me and Shahidan are like that everyday in class. He'll flick me and I'll smack his head with my trusted notebook. Even Pn Afni is like, sudah biasa lah these 2.

We reached Taylor's at 9. There was no elevator to go to the multi-purpose hall... so we had some exercise and walked up. The workshop didn't start until 10.00 so we had an hour to stone... Just kinda looked around... and talked.



Pn Afni and hubby


Shahidan



Junmey




We started with one short presentation on the rules and regulations, the theme and what we should do. Our second presentation was about how to create your mini magazine. This year's is different from last year.


Random




Last year we had to make a poster on the given theme. This year we are making a mini magazine. The theme this year is Teenage Angst. So what we have to do is make a cover page, and 2 content pages. 3 page magazine. No more no less. And with that you will get a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. To upgrade your voucher to a regular pizza, you would have to submit 2 mini magazines on 2 different topics of teen angst. Andddd...................... You will have to submit a 3 minute video. A 3 minute video about teen angst. At the end of the workshop we had to make a draft of our mini mag. We didn't win but whatever lahh...

After that there was food, but we decided not to eat there 'cause it was to crowded, and since we were one of the last people out, the food might have been gone. So we scooted out and went to Subang Parade for Mc Donalds!!! Subang Parade... now thats a place I remember. We had our NST Spelling Bee there!!



RIGHT HERE!

After that we went back to school...

Pn Afni said that the 3 of us might have to conduct a mini workshop for those in SMKBU who want to participate... its kinda complicated this year as well...

Hope that works out.... so thats the end of another post!!

*out*

No comments: